The Pre-K Curriculum for Four- and Five-Year-Olds:
Creative Curriculum, is the curriculum used in our pre-kindergarten classroom, is a comprehensive early literacy program designed for use with preschoolers, and is approved by the Maryland Department of Education.
- teaches concepts and skills associated with oral language and literacy, including alphabet knowledge, early writing, and phonemic awareness
- supports language skills that reinforce vocabulary and strengthens conversational skills
- builds mathematical knowledge, concepts, and skills as a foundation for later mathematical competence
- addresses the Maryland Model of School Readiness (MMSR) standards in content areas
- supports a sense of competence that involves exploration, discovery, and imaginative play
Our lead Pre-K teacher holds a four-year degree in Early Child Education and Special Education, and a Master’s Certificate in Early Intervention.
Preschool Curriculum For Three-Year-Olds:
The three-year-old classroom uses the Creative Curriculum, which is designed to prepare children for the academic and social demands of school. It is approved by the Maryland Department of Education.
Creative Curriculum offers integrated units, which include:
- language opportunities to develop vocabulary
- daily lessons in the four key areas of phonological awareness, alphabet recognition, print, and oral Language
- weekly lessons in social studies, science, math, and music
- activities and learning centers that encourage social and emotional development
Our lead teacher in the three-year-old classroom holds a Montessori 3-6 Early Childhood Certificate.
Infant and Toddler Program:
Our infant and toddler programs are based on Creative Curriculum and Maryland’s Healthy Beginnings initiative, which emphasize that children learn best by being actively engaged in the processes of creating and exploring the world around them. Our child-centered curriculum is based on the assumption that the learner is the primary focus within the learning experience and environment
Our Older Toddler Caregivers
- provide a nurturing community that models and teaches caring and friendship
- engage children in activities drawn from the child’s interests
- focus on pre-reading skills through reading and language development
- provide and rotate materials that encourage exploration
- balance child-directed and teacher-directed activities
Our Infant and Younger Toddler Caregivers
- provide warm, loving and responsive care
- talk, read, and sing to your child
- establish predictable routines
- encourage safe exploration and play
- recognize that each child is unique
- assess each child’s development and growth by observation and developmental checklists
- develop strong relationships with parents through on-going communication
- embrace each child’s cultural background
Spanish Program: our Spanish program introduces the children ages 2-5 to simple words and phrases. We introduce colors, numbers, alphabet and key phrases to start dialogue in English/Spanish.
Sign Language: our Sign Language program is for our infants-toddlers. Sign Language is a key component to help with communication skills in our early years. Children are introduced to simple signs to help communicate their needs and emotions to others.
Music for Life: our music program helps to introduce children from ages 2-5 to basic musical notes, instruments and international dance/music.