Transitional Kindergarten also known as The Voyagers, is a unique program specially designed to bridge the path from preschool to Kindergarten. This is a place for your child to grow and build a foundation for success in learning. The Voyagers class consist of children who fall into one or more of these categories:
- turn 5 after September 1st, the Howard County Kindergarten enrollment cut off
- need more time to develop the fundamental skills needed for success in Kindergarten
Children will engage in in-depth studies of real-world topics. Projects have a complex but flexible framework wherein teaching and learning are interactive processes. When successfully implemented, students feel motivated and actively involved in their own learning, leading them to develop a positive attitude and posture for learning.
THIS IS A S.T.E.A.M PROGRAM
Lesson plans will be structured around the following principles:
- Science: encourage investigation+experimentation
- Technology: use simple and complex tools to research and collect data
- Engineering: recognize problems and test solutions
- Art: encourage creativity and allow children to illustrate concepts they are learning.
- Mathematics: work with numbers, patterns, shapes, and develop organizational skills
Enrollment for the Voyagers Class begins at 4.7 years old. Part-Time and Full-Time hours are available. The part-time schedule is Monday through Friday, 7 am to 12 pm serving breakfast only.
Would you like to visit the Center? Schedule a tour.
Meet the team here.